Return to Mass from 29th June – guides and information:
The return to public Masses is not a return to normal practice, only a partial return for now.
1. It is most important that people who are vulnerable or unwell, and especially those with any symptoms that might suggest Covid-19 infection, should stay at home and, if possible, participate, via the Church webcam.
2. The obligation for Catholics to attend Mass on Sunday is dispensed with for the time being. This means that everyday should be treated as a Sunday. Parishioners can go to Mass on ANY ONE day of the week so not to create a big crowd on Saturday or Sunday. (Monday – Friday at 7pm, Saturday at 8pm & Sunday at 10am)
3. Seating in the Church will be allocated on a first-come basis (families will be able to sit together). A Steward will show you to a free seat (Please be co-operative with them). Entry will be through Main Door and exit for all will be through the doors to the left of the Altar.
4. At present the capacity is 50 people this includes the priest and those who are acting as stewards.
5. If there are additional parishioners unable to gain access, you will be encouraged to listen to Mass in your car in the church car park as it will be on loudspeaker. Holy Communion will be distributed to you after Mass at the church door.
6. There are sanitising stations at the entrance to the Church. Wear a mask if you wish.
7. Collections – donation buckets will be available at the Main door to drop your envelope or donation into.
8. The only toilet facility that will be available for public use is the disabled access toilet in the back porch.
9. Newsletters will not be available for the moment.
Your support and co-operation with these arrangements would be greatly appreciated.
For Holy Communion at Mass
- Eucharistic Minister and Priest will wear a mask for the distribution of Holy Communion
- Each will sanitize their hands before and after the distribution of Holy Communion
- Communion will be distributed after Mass so that the Congregation can leave immediately.
- Social distancing rules have to be observed when queuing for Holy Communion
- Anyone sitting in their car for Mass can come to the front door to receive after Mass.
- Holy Communion will only be distributed in the hand for the moment.